FX Game Exchange, the premier venue for Super Smash Bros in DFW presents its 1st Project M Arcadian tournament! Streamed by Tourney Locator!
1. FX DFW Sethlon
2. FX DFW Lunchables
3. FX DFW Dakpo
4. TLOC Oracle
5. Strong Bad
9. FX DFW Hamyojo
11. TLOC Denti
12. Captain Birdman
14. FX DFW Albert
Venue Fee: $5.00
Singles Entry: $10.00
Doubles Entry: $5.00 per person ($10.00 per team)
10:00 AM: Venue Opens, Registration Begins
12:00 AM: Big Brother Big Sister Doubles Bracket Begins
2:00 PM: Singles Pools Begins
5:00 PM: Singles Bracket Begins
1st: 60% + $60 Pot Bonus + FX DFW Sponsorship***
2nd: 30% + $30 Pot Bonus
3rd: 10% + $10 Pot Bonus
1st: 50% + $60 Pot Bonus + FX DFW Sponsorship***
2nd: 25% + $30 Pot Bonus
3rd: 15% + $10 Pot Bonus
1st: 40% + $60 Pot Bonus + FX DFW Sponsorship***
2nd 25% + $30 Pot Bonus
3rd: 15% $10 Pot Bonus
5th: 5% x2
*** Good through next Project M Arcadian at FX Game Exchange DFW – Final Terms of FX DFW Sponsorship to be discussed with winner.
Winners Finals and Grand Finals participants for singles are AUTOMATICALLY BANNED from the next Project M Arcadian at FX Game Exchange.
Winners Finals and Grand Finals participants for Big Brother Big Sister Doubles are AUTOMATICALLY BANNED from TEAMING TOGETHER at the next Project M Arcadian at FX Game Exchange. The individual members of the team are NOT BANNED, JUST THE TEAM.
This allows the pool to stay fresh and competitive.
BAN LIST WILL BE UPDATED prior to each Project M Arcadian.
TYPES OF EVENTS
Singles Bracket (Seeded From Pools)
Big Brother Big Sister Doubles - Players on the banned list may enter this event, but have to team with someone who is not on the banned list.
Project M Ruleset:
1. 4 Stocks
2. 8 Minute Time Limit
3. Items set to “Off” and “None”
4. Buffer set to OFF
5. Dave’s Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she won on unless agreed upon by both players.
6. In the event of a match going to time/sudden death, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whoever has more remaining stock left.
b. If stocks of both players are the same, the winner will then be determined by whoever has less percent.
c. If the match ends with both players dying at the same time or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, an identical rematch of the previous match will be played out. Same characters and same stage.
d. In the event of going to sudden death because of suicide kill move (such as Ganon's overB or Dedede's inhale), the player initiating the move will be declared the winner.
7. Sets will be best out of 3 games. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals will be best out of 5.
Addendum for Big Brother Big Sister Doubles:
1. Players on the banned list may enter this event, but have to team with someone who is not on the banned list
2. Team Attack set to “On”
3. Life stealing is allowed. (Note that life stealing in Project: M is done by pressing A+B, rather than Melee's start)
4. In the event of a game going to time, the winner will be determined by:
a. Whichever team has more remaining stock.
b. If both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
Character / Stage Selection Process:
1. Optional Blind Picks character selection. (Players have the option of choosing multiple characters via the All Star special mode.)
2. Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Starter Stage List until only 1 remains, and the players then play the first match on that stage. Players strike stages in 1 2 1 order.
3. The first match is played.
4. Winning player of the preceding match bans two stages.
5. The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
6. The winning player of preceding match picks character.
7. The losing player picks character.
8. The next match is played.
9. Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.
*Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Fountain of Dreams
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. MikeHaze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Gentleman's Clause: Any change to the rules is permitted if agreed upon by both players, except for the 8 minute time limit.
6. Textures are Cool Clause: We're usually pretty lenient with textures/custom music. You're welcome to bring your set up to the tournament with them, but please do not have any disruptive music, hard to see textures, or dramatically altered character models. If you have a problem with the set up you're playing on, notify the TO and we'll get it resolved ASAP.
7. Giga Bowser is Banned.
* Collusion of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in immediate disqualification without refund and a permanent ban from any future events held by FX DFW or Tourney Locator. Collusion is defined as "Any secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others." An example of collusion is splitting the event winnings and determining the winner of the event without playing, or manipulating the intended rules to give one player an unfair advantage over others.