FX Game Exchange, the premier venue for Super Smash Bros in the DFW presents its first Melee Arcadian tournament! Streamed by Tourney Locator!
If you are NOT on the BANNED LIST BELOW, and live outside of DFW, and you wish to attend this event, please contact Trey Fondren, Gabe Ruiz, or Cole Woods, AT LEAST A WEEK PRIOR to the event, so that we can either place you on the BANNED LIST or let you compete. If you show up to the Tournament WITHOUT contacting one us prior, you run the risk of not being allowed to compete once you are here.
1. FX DFW Wobbles
5. FX DFW Lunchables
7. FX DFW Hamyojo
10. FX DFW WaterlessFishie
12. FX DFW Sethlon
16. Strong Bad
Venue Fee: $5.00
Singles Entry: $10.00
Doubles Entry: $5.00 per person ($10.00 per team)
10:00 AM: Venue Opens, Registration Begins
11:00 AM: Big Brother Big Sister Doubles Bracket Begins
2:00 PM: Singles Pools Begins
5:00 PM: Singles Bracket Begins
1st: 60% + $60 Pot Bonus + FX DFW Sponsorship***
2nd: 30% + $30 Pot Bonus
3rd: 10% + $10 Pot Bonus
1st: 50% + $60 Pot Bonus + FX DFW Sponsorship***
2nd: 25% + $30 Pot Bonus
3rd: 15% + $10 Pot Bonus
1st: 40% + $60 Pot Bonus + FX DFW Sponsorship***
2nd 25% + $30 Pot Bonus
3rd: 15% $10 Pot Bonus
5th: 5% x2
*** Good through next Melee Arcadian at FX Game Exchange DFW - Final Terms of FX DFW Sponsorship to be discussed with winner.
Winners Finals and Grand Finals participants for singles are AUTOMATICALLY BANNED from the next Melee Arcadian at FX Game Exchange.
Winners Finals and Grand Finals participants for Big Brother Big Sister Doubles are AUTOMATICALLY BANNED from TEAMING TOGETHER at the next Melee Arcadian at FX Game Exchange. The individual members of the team are NOT BANNED, JUST THE TEAM.
This allows the pool to stay fresh and competitive.
BAN LIST WILL BE UPDATED prior to each Melee Arcadian.
TYPES OF EVENTS
Singles Bracket (Seeded From Pools)
Big Brother Big Sister Doubles - Players on the banned list may enter this event, but have to team with someone who is not on the banned list.
Fountain of Dreams (singles only)
Pokemon Stadium (doubles only)
Pokemon Stadium (singles)
Kongo Jungle 64 (doubles)
Items are off.
4 stocks, 8 minutes
Team attack is ON
Life stealing is allowed
Pause is OFF
Wobbling is legal.
Standard DSR (you may not counter pick a stage you have already won on in a set)
Coaching is not allowed during sets.
Stalling is banned (will elaborate if necessary).
1 stage ban in best of 3 set, no stage bans in best of 5 set.
Striking is 1-2-1
Neutral Start may be elected by a player.
1. The Tournament Organizer is the arbiter of all disputes.
2. BYOC (Bring your own controller): Players are expected to bring their own controller and be prepared for every tournament set.
3. DQ Rule: Arriving too late for a match will result in a DQ. Player(s) will have 5 minutes to show up before a loss of the first match. 5 more minutes results in a loss of the set. For doubles, both players on a team need to be present in order to play.
4. Mike Haze rule: No intentionally disrupting players, whether physically or vocally. This applies to EVERYONE, players and spectators. Simply talking to the players (and Hype moments) are exempt.
5. Dave's Stupid Rule: players cannot counter pick back to a stage that they have already won on in a set.
* Collusion of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in immediate disqualification without refund and a permanent ban from any future events held by FX DFW or Tourney Locator. Collusion is defined as "Any secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others." An example of collusion is splitting the event winnings and determining the winner of the event without playing, or manipulating the intended rules to give one player an unfair advantage over others.